Launching into Learning Programs 2016
Launching into Learning is a program where you and your child can form relationships with your local school and other families. It is for children before they start Kindergarten.
Children learn a lot in the first five years of life. At Launching into Learning, you and your child learn together to give them the very best start to life. When you spend time playing with your child at Launching into Learning you make a real difference to their future.
Why is it Important?
- Children’s experiences in their earliest years are really important to their ongoing development and they have a major impact on their future achievements at school and later in life.
- We know that supporting children’s learning experiences before they even begin school will give them a greater chance of success.
- At this young age, learning through play and exploration alongside the people that mean the most to them is a really positive experience for children.
- Together, we can make a difference in your child’s life.
- Your child will be involved in activities that will help develop their talking, reading, creativity, physical, social and emotional skills.
- Launching into Learning will prepare your child for school and to be the best they can be.
- You will have fun with your child and learn together.
- You will get support, friendship and a helping hand.
- You will get to know your local school.
What you can Expect?
Parents, teachers and children playing alongside each other, having fun and learning together through a variety of programs such as playgroup, music, water awareness, kinder gym, baby massage, Dad’s group…and many more.
“Little Kids and Big Kids”
9.00 am -11.00 am
Come and join us for art and craft activities, indoor games, outdoor play, songs and stories. This session incorporates morning tea. Our “Out and About” program is incorporated into these sessions.
Playgroup Term 1
All year except for four weeks when Pre-Kinder sessions are on: Thursdays 18 October (no session 25 October due to Show Day holiday), 1, 8 and 15 November.
9.00 am – 9.45 am
This program has an emphasis on developing gross motor skills, and is usually held in the school GP room. We meet in the Kinder A classroom first. This session is followed by morning tea.
10.00 am – 11.00 am
This session includes activities, outdoor play, stories and music. You may also borrow books from the School Library if you wish. Our “Out and About” program is incorporated into these sessions.
ALL SESSIONS ARE HELD IN THE KINDERGARTEN A CLASSROOM
ALL SESSIONS ARE FREE OF CHARGE
PLEASE BRING ALONG SOME FRUIT TO SHARE
FREE TEA AND COFFEE IS AVAILABLE FOR ADULTS
For further information, please speak to our office staff, Barbara Schreiber (LiL Co-ordinator) or
Vicki Bygrave (LiL Teacher Assistant).