Taroona Primary School Association
C/- Taroona Primary School
104 Channel Highway
The School Association Welcomes All
The School Association is an ideal opportunity to allow interaction with the school at all levels as well as an opportunity to meet the wider school community.
As a parent/guardian at Taroona Primary School, you are automatically a member of the School Association. All parents are encouraged and welcome to attend School Association meetings. Normally held on the 1st Monday of the month (the dates are advertised in our school newsletter), and always with a glass of wine on offer, this is a useful forum to positively participate in the life of the school and to raise any areas of concern regarding your child’s education.
The meetings are held monthly in an open, friendly and welcoming manner and our function includes:-
- Provide advice and recommendations to our Principal in relation to the general operation and management of our school
- Aid co-operation between teachers, students, parents and the community
- Develop parent participation and involvement in our school
- Discuss and approve our school budget
- Contribute to policy development and reviews
- Involvement in school improvements and developments
- Assist with fundraising and school activities
- Approve the planned pupil free days for staff professional development
- Raise matters of concern as noted by parents or committee members
We also coordinate school events and fund raisers and these are always great community events – and good fun for all involved.
We all lead busy lives but this is a great opportunity for you to be involved in your child’s school, meet new people and chat with our Principal in a relaxed setting – and I assure you that it is not onerous. Why not give it a try and come along to one of our meetings.
All parents are encouraged to take part in the Association. They will be most welcome at all functions.
The Association strives to provide both professional and financial support for the school. It combines with the Principal and Staff in forward planning exercises leading to long term-term development plans.
Most of the business is carried out by the Committee of between seven and fifteen members to be elected at the Annual General Meeting. The Committee meets monthly and all parents are welcome, but only the committee having voting rights.
There will be lots of other opportunities to be involved during the year with:
- Social Functions
- School Exhibitions and Displays
- Guest Speakers
- School Fair Committee
- School Planning
Our experience is that parents are as welcome at Taroona Primary School as their children!
Please feel free to contact us by email: TPSAenquiry@gmail.com